Tuesday 22 June 2010

No blog for a few days and another early one! Like buses! Today is all about the budget - how they (the government) have been managing expectations re bad news and how I suspect that it will not be as bad as they say! But then again I could be wrong. I am keeping my fingers crossed that client inactivity is down to the combination of an election and this budget. I am hoping that business may be more forthcoming after today but I am not holding my breath!
Had a meeting with my bank relationship manager yesterday. I have banked with Lloyds TSB since the business started in 2003 and this is the first time I have met one! But then again we run a tight and very simpleship re bankings. Offered me a new tariff which would save about £2 a month. So not changing tarriff.
Work at the moment is mainly on client management accounts and year end accounts. No Nav work at the minute but there is some fixed price support work. 2 simple requests which will complete as part of the fixed price support so there is no additional charge to the client. That is after all what they pay for!!
Ironically, changing the VAT rate may bring in some support work for clients - fully configurable in Dynamics Nav via VAT Prod Posting Groups and assigning defaults to GLs, items, resources etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment